Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday: Black Reiko

As I type this from Jon's work laptop, our Mac book is backing up on a new hard drive. Today was supposed to be yet another rainy day, so I opted to wear my black Reiko dress (my sister-in-law decided she isn't loving the buttercup one so she is giving it back to me.. talk about family love). Paired with black tights, black lace up heeled oxfords and the metallic tweed Odette.

The day was fun - I started off by going to my friend Nancy's to help her re-do her closet. Nancy is one of those tall, striking women who would look amazing in vintage YSL pant suits, fun marni skirts and can rock a mini. We spent about an hour and a half on her closet and amassed a huge alteration pile, a larger consignment/buffalo exchange pile and a small donate pile. I then sent Nancy to Storeables to buy all new hangers. Next week I am going to go arrange her closet by season/style (pants, dresses, tops, sweaters). I love doing this type of thing. I am embarrassed to say this but my closet is broken out by seasons of mayle so I can easily find everything. I tend to swap out very seasonal pieces and store in storage boxes each season.

After Nancy's I came home to deal with the oven. Not sure if I wrote yesterday, but we had a mini fire in ours when I was cleaning it last night. So I sat in the house for two hours (inhaling a super gross smell) and then headed out to PF Chang's (big mistake) for lunch and then back home to yet again check on the oven, then to Kathryn's for coffee.

I also picked up my altered Petulia. Gein's is amazing, everything lines up. this dress looks tailor made now. I cannot wait to post photos. I was also excited to win a gray ric rac dress on eBay for $125 - its a small so I am hoping that it fits. I love that dress.

I will also re-add my collection photos to the flickr group once the other computer is up and running.

We are off to Seattle tomorrow to visit some friends for the weekend (so long as Max doesn't have an ear infection). I definitely plan to try to find some upscale consignment and look for some mayle!

No comments:

Post a Comment