Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This Is Why I Hate Ebay

I normally don't mind ebay- but having just sold a bunch of stuff and having about 20% taken way is only a minor annoyance. The big annoyance is feedback. I think I am pretty upfront about items that I sell. I also normally go and dry clean things before I send them out as well ( cost that I do not pass along to the buyer which is around $13). For example I am picking up Federica this morning and straight from the cleaners it will go to Ireland. It may arrive wrinkled, but hey its new owner can wear it out right then.

I sold my Indian print Mayle skirt last week. I didn't have time to take it to the cleaners before shipping it (not that I said it would arrive cleaned). I never wore this skirt - essentially it hung in my close (and sometimes sat in storage boxes) for nearly 9 years. Those of you who know me from this blog know that the skirt - no matter how beautiful is not my style and is too light a color for me to wear. When I listed the skirt I mentioned the flaws that it had when I acquired it. Without contacting me first, the buyer left the nastiest negative feedback comment saying that the skirt was obviously worn taking my 100% feedback to 97.6%. Now I have to pay $20 to have this feedback removed.

So annoying. I know that feedback is here to protect sellers and buyers, but sometimes I question the buyers on ebay.

UPDATE: So I just contacted ebay about having this feedback removed from my account and they said that my two courses of action are to:

1. call the seller and ask her to reverse the feedback - which I just attempted to do, and she hung up on me as soon as I said "Hi, its Marti who sold you the mayle skirt on ebay"

or

2. Get a court order saying that the feedback is inflammatory and slanderous. This option seems costly, but hey, I have nothing else to do today so why not trek down to the courthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment