Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Reach Out And Touch Someone To Just Say, Hi?

A good friend of mine from New York called me this afternoon for a catch up - we had been having a bit of photo tag. It was great to hear everything going on in her life and plan a visit to Portland in December. When she mentioned seeing another mutual friend recently, who said that they missed me and adored me it made me wonder why don't they call me back? Or drop an email? How much time does it actually take to "reach out and touch someone?"

It's these friends in New York who never call me or email me back but wax poetic about how they miss me when I am brought up in conversation. It sorta bums me out, it seems that the people that I talk to the most from back east (New York, Florida, Philly) are people that I didn't even get to see very often (due to crazy busy schedules). We now have marathon phone conversations that make me wish that I could drop everything I am doing and meet for tapas and cocktails at the place I love on 7th ave and west 10th or Bar and Books for some mint juleps. Or just a wander around the city drinking a yummy latte from Sant Ambrose.

Maybe its these people who are not reaching out that are just weeding themselves out of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment