Saturday, October 17, 2009

Seattle Days 1 +2

Saturday night in Seattle. We are in a full-house with kids that don't feel well. Yesterday (Friday) Max woke me up with "Mommy, I have an owie in my ear). Always astute, little did Max now he had the beginnings of an ear infection. I got him into the dr for 10 but there was lots of rushing around. I had to pack and didn't know what I wanted to wear. I ended up breaking my "31 outfits in 31 days" game and threw on Vinceness with gray tights, the Loeffler Randall skull flats and the Fletcher by Lyell cardigan. We hit the road for Seattle at 11:11 and made it to our friends house by 3:30 (we stopped for an hour half way there to have lunch). The boys promised to stay home with the kids since they are going to see the Seahawks on Sunday, so I threw on my Lola clogs to dress up my outfit more and Anne and I went to see New York I Love You. Paris, je t'aime it was not. There was maybe one or two vignettes in the entire movie that I actually thought was good. An sadly it didn't make me miss New York like I feared. After we went for noodles and Yazi cocktails at Boom. If you are ever in downtown Bellevue I highly suggest eating there. The food was so delicious, great Asian noodle dishes (Chinese, Japanese and Korean) plus delicious cocktails.

Today we took Max and Sully to a Halloween event and Chip stayed home (he was sick) - so Jon, Max, Nathan (Sully + Chips dad) and I drove into the city. I had three hours to shop downtown, I checked out a consignment shop (no mayle) and then went to H&M where I spent an hour, tried on 40 items and bought two things, a sparkly cardigan and a sequined tuxedo jacket - photos to come. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401711/ieces right now - sequined leggings, missoni style dresses .. but everything was too short or too see through. Even the accessories were not great. I normally load up on scarfs, belts but there was nothing great. all just itchy ,or bad colors. I also ended up going to sephora where I spent another $40 on Caudelie beauty serum but snagged some awesome VIB customer samples.

So far the trip ha been fun, the kids are asleep, I finished a book and am hoping to relax with some wine. Today's outfit? Margarita dress in black with a black cardigan, black tights and the black Lola clogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment