Monday, October 5, 2009

Starting The Week On A Positive Note....

I realized that lately I have been a bit negative. Sometimes I end up getting off track and become one big car crash that hit negative town because one tiny little thing thing will set me off, make me depressed.

But it's fall, I am really starting to like Portland (even if I hear from my New York friends less and less). Today it barely hit 65, and I was excited to wear my Yves dress in rose with some tights. Since I have started back on my diet, I had Special K for breakfast, then searched for jobs. I am totally afraid to leave the house for fear of spending too much money - A 20 minute walk could materialize new tights, nail polish, lipstick, something for the house, and most likely a coffee and expensive lunch. I have been avoiding NW 23rd for this very reason.

After lunch (soup- healthy, low cal) I went to the tailor to have my Astrid button sewn back on and to have Petulia altered down a size. I think that having things tailored has become my new fall clothes shopping as its something new every week and very cost effective...

Post tailor I went to Safeway to pick up ingredients for dinner (lemon chicken, mashed potato's and fresh green beans) then went to Cafe Umbria for my first coffee of the day and to read.

Tomorrow if its nice I really need to get out of the house and walk around. I may either go out for breakfast or just for a long walk maybe to 23rd. My goal for this week is to apply for at least 10 jobs and to finish two books. I think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment