Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Coco Avant Chanel

I have decided to truly rest. Looking for a job is taking up alot of time, but I have decided that whatever free time I have I should enjoy. Today I did my usual job cruising on the web in the morning then met Tracy and Christina for coffee at Cafe Umbria. Since Karl, Jonas and Jon are all away or have work dinners, I invited Tracy + Kathryn over for dinner. I am making the only thing that I am good at cooking - yes you guessed it, Shepard's pie. I prepped the meat part during lunch and then on a whim (I was going to go Friday) decided to go to the movies and see Coco before Chanel.

I have been waiting two years for this movie. I love Chanel. I have always been inspired by Coco - an orphan, unloved creating this amazing dynasty that today still evoked elegance and style without even trying. The movie was amazing. The costumes, the story - Audrey Tatou who I adored from Amelie. I highly suggest going to see it.

Chanel Covets:
classic tweed jacket
gorgeous evening dress (sequined- black or with lace)

Of course these items are completely out of reach - even the vintage pieces that I once saw at Clingencourt flea market in Paris were insanely expensive.... but a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment