Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

This is completely ridiculous.

Morning sickness should be renamed to ALL FUCKING DAY SICKNESS. Sure, I am not puking uncontrollably... (yet?)... but the intense waves of nausea are absolutely debilitating and I have zero fucking clue how women have handled this for three to nine months.

It can't be humanly possible.

Mind you, it sure makes me appreciate the easy time I had carrying Sadie!

Despite the icky tummy, achy body, SORE AS FUCK tits, and random headaches... that are some really cool things happening to me that I find so much wonder in. First, taste. (Some of which can be attributed to quitting smoking, I know, but goes right along with pregnancy too). I am floored at how wonderful some foods taste right now... even some things that I wouldn't eat as recent as a few months ago.

1. Oranges. Holy fuck shit damn. I cannot get enough. It's like a taste explosion in my mouth. In fact, I am going to go peel one right this fucking minute.

2. Salt. Now, I have always loved salt. Almost to the point of over salting my food. It's a risk I take *sigh*. But now, I barely need to salt my food... I can taste every fucking morsel and I am so enjoying the subtlety of it.

3. Ice Cream. Didn't need to even be said, I know. So far I have done a fabulous job of avoiding... but my taste buds SCREAM for it every night at approx 8pm when E and Sadie are devouring fudgicles. Not sure how long I am going to be able to hold out. DQ may be warned to have the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard on stand by at all times shortly.

4. Life cereal. Weird one, but a life saver in the morning. I dry heave on my way to work... it can't be helped. But now that I have discovered that satisfying bowl of Life cereal with incredibly cold skim milk, my morning drive has become increasingly less difficult.

5. Ginger ale. Nothing need to be said here. It just helps.

Secondly, it is almost as if I can FEEL my stomach stretching ever so slightly almost all the time. Sure, it's probably all in my head... but the wonder of it keeps me entertained. It can be a slightly uncomfortable feeling really, but to me it's an absolute amazing thing and worth putting up with. Unfortunately I am currently at that stage where I look paunchy instead of pregnant though, so am praying for a baby growth spurt soon so I don't just look 'plump'.

Ironic that this happened right after I lost weight, no? So now that I am totally comfortable with my shape, I have to re-evaluate. Splendid.

Anyways, I better get to that orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment