Friday, October 30, 2009

The Past Few Days

The past few days have been a blur - lots of running errands, some rain and LOTS of coffee.

Yesterday I drove out to work with Jon and Max to meet Kathryn and do some shopping. Kathryn dropped Tilly in temp daycare for a few hours and we headed to Washington Square Mall to get a coffee at Starbucks, then drove over to Target where I exchanged one of my Anna Sui dresses for a smaller size (and it was marked down 30% so I got $20 back!). I also picked up a flannel shirt and some Thomas pj's for Max. When Kathryn and I got back into the city, I went over to her place to have some coffee and then met Nancy at Mario's.

Nancy is updating her wardrobe and asked me to help her pick out some key pieces. I saw an amazing 3.1 dress - it was navy with gold sequins but at $675? Not worth the money, and I would have to get it altered so maybe on sale... plus the sales people were BEYOND pushy. After shopping with Nancy I went to lunch at PF Chang's (big mistake, terrible stomach trouble post lunch) and then finished some laundry and then went to meet Catie and Jen Jacobs for dinner at Brasserie Monmartre (which just re-opened). The meal was fantastic and comped - all we had to pay for was our drinks (I had 3 glasses of rose $18). We shared a baked brie, fried artichokes, lobster tails and the duck confit, steak frittes, and halibut.

Today is my 5 year wedding anniversary. It's the first one where I am not receiving Mayle, so Jon is perplexed as to what to buy me. He is a great husband and is giving me $300 to shop so I am going to go look around Nordstrom, Odessa and Frances May to look for something great....

Happy anniversary Jon.

No comments:

Post a Comment