Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sigh of Relief..

I just had to quickly post that I am 2 for 2 today. After having a lovely lunch with my friends Kelly + Nancy at Ten 01 (I had the "power lunch: chicken liver mousse with toast points and fig jam, duck with a mushroom ragout and dessert) I went down to "The Alteration Station" and picked up my original Avignon (I had it shortened for $35). It came out perfectly. So happy to throw on a dark berry colored tight, my zebra cardi and some ballet flats and wear this out!

I know that yesterday I posted on the Flickr group that I had dropped off my Ignacia to be cleaned (for the first time in 2 years- gross I know). After doing MUCH research I took it to the organic cleaners in my friend Nancy's building on Davis between 9th + 10th ave. They always do a superb job. The mentioned that they may have to take off all the buttons to clean the dress, and they did, so I had to pay an extra $20 to have all the buttons sewn BACK on so the total was $33.45. The dress looks great and I am definitely going to be careful wearing it... its not something that can be cleaned often and clearly its cost prohibitive. I suggest if you have this dress and need to get it cleaned, taking all the buttons off, otherwise they will crack and break.

Tomorrow, I will pick up my holiday 06 Dalmatia from being taken in, I will post some photos soon.

Here is to a happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment