Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lazy Sunday - Literally.

I am embarrassed to say that Max and I did not get out of our pajamas until almost 2PM. It was a lazy Sunday - we woke up at 7:30 (rather max woke up and then said "Mommy, I am super hungry make me some breakfast"). So this morning Max watched some Yo Gabba Gabba, Dora and Little Bear. I cleaned the house, did some laundry and then at 12 made us lunch. I have been eating terribly all weekend. I have started to realize that I eat very healthy when I am alone, and then once Max figures into the equation it goes downhill. Lots of noodles, Mexican food and other things that just are not good for you is what I have consumed.

This week will be about getting healthy again. Of course I have also been obsessed with just consuming in general (some Jeffrey Montiero dresses, some Jeffrey Campbell shoes I saw at Nordstrom) which is bad. I have been better about not spending but it still doesn't stop that constant urge I have - the need I have to buy nice things. I thought that the tights and cardigan from JCrew would quench my thirst, but I was wrong. They were only band-aids on a much bigger shopping addiction. I keep thinking, skip that happy hour with so-and so and save that $30 towards something but with my constant obsession of having company and interacting with friends I am finding it to be a losing battle.

Around 2:30 I spoke with Tracy and made plans to meet her at Cafe Umbria at 3. It was cold out, and rather dreary so I wore my Vanya with gray tights and my Jeffrey Campbell 3-strap heels. My first coffee of the day - it was delicious. Now Max and I are just chilling, waiting for Jon to come home. And I am obsessing over my wardrobe. Thinking about pieces I have long gotten rid of from spring 2006 (the black 3/4 sleeve dress with the removable piece in front, and the green silk dress with spaghetti straps and cut out back, the dark gold jacket) and from 2006 fall (Bahia in Navy or Rio Plata) and wish they would pop back up on eBay or in my local consignment shop. A girl can only wish....

No comments:

Post a Comment