Wednesday, August 12, 2009

When Will Wednesday end?

This has been a horrifically long day. Max didn't sleep well last night, didn't go to bed til 10, crawled into our bed at 2 woke up at 5, needless to say I have gotten a tin bit of sleep. My skin is breaking out, my skin feels greasy like a teenager, my hair is dry, and oh yeah I REALLY need a pedicure. My feet are disgusting.

The weather today was a bit off again with some intermittent rainstorms - Max and I met Nancy for coffee at Isabel's then ran home to grab my note book for a lunch meeting with Jill who may (fingers crossed) be giving me a flat fee freelance project in October (I know, October is far away but it could be something).

After lunch Max and I came home did some cleaning up and then went to clubhouse to play. We ran into my friend Karen (who has Leukemia) and it was great to see her. She is obviously out of the hospital, but going through INTENSIVE chemo. If I was working I would buy her a very chic scarf to cheer her up. As Jon is at an all day off-site I went to whole foods to buy us dinner.

Somehow I have also managed to do 3 loads of laundry (including folding, fluffing and putting everything away), the dishes, packed Max's bag for tomorrow and made his lunch. All I have left to do is put him to bed and put away the dishes from the dishwasher. Its almost like I am wonder woman, but without the amazing powers, shiny hair or excellent figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment