Monday, August 10, 2009

Mayle Surprise

Beautiful day in PDX - I wore some shorts from gap, lotus print zenith top and a black cardi with some gladiators. I busted out my Billy Deuce as well (it hold max's diapers, wipes, extra clothes and I don't feel so pretentious walking around with a Chanel bag). I walked up to NW 23 with Kathryn + Tilly, Nathan + Fleur (and Max of course). We played at the playground at Chapman and then wandered looking at the shops (the ones that were ground level - too many Victorians with too many steps on 23rd).

I sold a dress of mine and also a pair of silver Jeffrey Campbell shoes that I never wore at my consignment shop and had a credit of $80. The manager had emailed me while I was in Seattle saying that they received in a Mayle skirt size 6. Its funny as its a skirt that I used to own and sold on Ebay ages and ages ago. Its a great piece and I am psyched to have it back. Oh yeah, it was $79. I will post a photo soon, but its a piece from spring 2003 its a light pink lace (not the linen skirt) and Jane only made it for the shop.

As Kathryn and I were strolling we saw that there was an EXCITING new shop on 23rd between Flanders and Everette - MAC Cosmetics. A stand alone- not a lame department store counter. We were so excited that I ran in and bought a lipstick, then we stopped at the pizza place and had salad for us and pizza for the kids. Max and Tilly both fell asleep on the walk home.

After Max's quick nap I took him to playgroup then to Cafe Umbria. It was a delightful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment