Monday, August 3, 2009

Mayle on Ebay Part Deux

I haven't been using my ebay account lately, 1. because I really can't afford to buy anything (I FINALLY paid Kelly for the Lana!) and 2. because I have had some problems with my account. I have been monitoring whats been selling and what has not and whats popped up. I have been surprised. There were things that I totally would have bid on that didn't sell and things that I was shocked by how much they sold for.

First the Isadora coming in stealthily and selling for $250? I hope Moya bought it - I know she will be sad if she missed it. And in the color way that she wanted as well.

The Dalmatia top sold only for around $125, which is surprising, as its a rare piece.

I wasn't surprised the Bibi dress sold for so much ($350) both Kirsten Dunst + Liv Tyler were photographed in it. Its funny, when I finally decided to break down and buy it, Leslie Freemar, Liv Tyler's stylist pulled it for her to buy and it was the last one in black, a size 10 that I planned to alter.

I was surprised that the Mitsu went for so much money as well- there were a zillion of them at the sample sale for $100. Was not my favorite dress. Same with the two Rosemelia's - they were also at the sample sale for $100 as was the Ebba dress which in my opinion is not the best fit due to the piece of fabric that flutters on the side. Same with the Ninel from last summer as the front was cut so low!

Somethings were just priced badly - like the floral lace top from spring 06. Its end of summer and $250 for that top is wishful thinking. Maybe $175. I would definitely have paid that for it.

I know that people want to maximize ebay and make the most money that they can, but i feel like when you price something too high (as I did when I was trying to off load my aztec lace pitsula) you most likely wont get the money. I m hoping that a few of my wish list items pop up. I saw the Bahia dress in blue but its a 4 and I need a 6. I wish I hadn't sold that dress, even though it was navy, I loved it. It just didnt fit after Max.

And what happend to the Federica in Amalfi? It seemed like the hot seller - but then disappeared.

Your thoughts? What are you surprised by price wise?

No comments:

Post a Comment