Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday

Today was my 2nd day to myself. I find it incredibly hard to do anything on the days that I don't have to take care of Max. The weather has been cold in the morning and then hot in the afternoon and has been wreaking havoc YET AGAIN on my sinus. I want to avoid going to the ENT if possible as he will just prescribe antibiotics which will lead to other problems (ladies I think you know what I mean).

This morning I searched for job's, started updating my resume from a chronological one to a factual one (one that's all about skills) picked out today's outfit - the avignon re-edition with my purple flats from spring 2005, and then went out, had breakfast started reading my September Vogue and ran some errands (storage and the like). I tried to work on the job search more in the afternoon, but being in the house completely stuffs me up- so I wandered downtown, bought a new US Weekly had lunch at Typhoon, and then walked over to Pioneer Place to look for the awesome crystal necklace that Bazaar showed in their September issue at Anne Taylor ($85 - some bday money burning a hole in my pocket) which they didn't have. With the loss of Mayle I have fond myself grossly obsessed with statement costume Jewelry. My friend Kathleen gave me a JCrew gift card for my birthday and I bought a fun necklace there as well. It funny everytime I look at these amazing costume pieces the sales person says "that would look great with a t-shirt." I find it hard not to laugh. Can you imagine me in a t-shirt?

After I stumbled into Kate Spade - they just got in these amazing tweed (bit not fabric) flats. I do need a new pair of fall shoes and I think that these could be the ones. They didn't have an 8.5 (and I am slightly broke at the moment after the Max shopping spree yesterday and my two meals out - and pedicure today) so I am going to wait to see if they get them in my size as they only had size 8.

My friend Nancy called while I was wandering and invited me to meet her for a drink at Bluehour, so I stopped by (she and her husband were sitting outside working) so we chatted for an hour - then I went to Aveda and got my pedicure. I am back in the house, the AC is blasting and my nose is stuffed up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment