Sunday, August 9, 2009

Back From Seattle

We got back from Seattle late this afternoon and it was a great weekend. It reminded me of growing up in Baltimore and taking a trip to NYC before I moved there. We arrived on Friday around 2PM and drove straight to our friend's house in Bellevue. Jon and Nathan went to the Mariners game and Anne and I went to the movies (with her mom) we had a babysitter for the kids and it was a fun night out (see previous post). For travel I wore my black Astrid dress with the black Marius jacket and some gladiators. VERY comfortable. AGAIN so pleased Doris + Elise convinced me to get that dress last December.

I must say there is something about Seattle. I love the energy, the people its so similar to NYC but in a smaller scale. Saturday we helped Nathan and Anne get ready for a BBQ in the afternoon, then Jon and I took Max downtown into Seattle for some shopping. Its funny, stores that I took for granted in NYC like Club Monaco or H&M, I was salivating to go to. I wore my purple dress similar to the analina gown from Spring 2006 with the Marius (my jacket of the weekend) and my red and faux python carribea wedges.

Club Monaco was a bust - nothing special and way over priced. At H&M I bought some scarfs, but saw a few other things that I would have loves like the leather biker jacket for $49.95 that I just didn't have a chance to try on (Max was tantruming) - my cashier did tell me that the Portland H&M will be opening Summer 2010. I seriously cannot wait.

The Seattle Barneys was dull- no Jeffrey Montiero, Rachel Comey, or Lyell just tons of Marc, DVH, Theory (or as I call them, the DULL brands) but Jon saw many things that he wanted.

The Nordstrom downtown (which is the original one) had the most AMAZING accessories department. I fell in love with a studded YSL bag, a studded Marc Jacobs Stam bag, some Balenciaga ballet flats, Chanel ballet flats... if I had $2,000 I would be so happy and my feet would be well dressed!As I mentioned earlier - I ended up making one purchase at H&M of two scarfs one violet leopard (very Lanvin) and the other was just black with some gold lurex through it. Grand total $26.90. I like the scarfs and I am happy with them, I just find it so unbelievably hard to find anything I want (that isn't Mayle).

Today we took the kids to the Experience Music Project which was super fun (there was a Muppet exhibition) had lunch with our friends and then drove home (3 hours). I find it so hard to dress for travel - I hate wearing jeans so I wore my black pelle dress belted with the sequined leopard belt, the marius and same wedges as the day before.

I hope that the next time I go to Seattle I have more time to shop, more money and a bit more free time - its tough to shop with Max. I would love to go back to Impulse in Freemont (like in March) scout some consignment shops and spend more time in H&M - get to Sephora etc....

Back to dreaming of finding something to replace Mayle - which is nearly impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment