Friday, August 28, 2009

Hurray for Friday!

Another sad day/week. With the passing of Ted Kennedy and of DJ AM plus the break up one one of my favorite bands ever - Oasis whom I have seen like 15 times I just wonder what else can happen in 2009? It seems like this year has bee filled with sadness.. It was beautiful weather today in PDX so I wore the Vince shorts from spring 2007 (I found them at consignment for next to nothing marked down 50%) and my lotus print zenith top with the orange flats from spring 2005. The shorts are a 6, and actually fit OK. I would be happier however if they were sitting on my hips. 5-8 pounds from now they will be perfect.

Max and I went to playgroup today, watered the community garden and went to lunch with Tracy and Adelaide at Cha Cha Cha.

I also managed to finish reading the September Lucky (the only thing I got from it was a tip to inhale lavender oil to help my sinus infection) and the September Vogue which had another one of those "fairy tale" editorials starring Natalia V (who I am rather sick of) as Little Red Riding Hood. I would have rather seen Daria or Lily Cole, anyone but Natalia V.

With 6 week days and counting for Max to go to daycare full time I have gone into overdrive trying to find a job. Ideally I will find something within 6 weeks of September 8 so I can splurge a bit on fall clothes, throw Max + Jon fabulous birthday parties in December and buy Jon's family excellent holiday gifts. I am going to try to remain positive. It does seem like things may be picking up so fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment