Thursday, August 27, 2009

Channel 52, I love you

I was planning on updating this here blog with some positive today, then I went and did something completely fucking retarded.

I stayed up to watch the finale of "The Next Food Network Star" last night and so I am tired as fuck and in no mood whatsoever to blow sunshine up any one's ass.

I actually feel like there are toothpicks holding my eyes open.

Now tell me, who the hell puts a finale on at 11pm??? Fucking Food Network. I curse you. (Cause we all know this is in no way my fault...AT ALL) My addiction to channel 52 is killing me.

My theory on it, is if I can lose 20lbs (Yipeeee, just hit that milestone!) while watching celebrity chefs cook up the most amazing food EVER, then I must be pretty tough right? OK, so I might drool, and get a few stomach pains when Bobby Flay whips up an amazing BBQ feast on "Throwdown", or when Makashari Mirimoto (sp?) concocts some amazing Japanese dish on "Iron Chef", or even when Gordon Ramsay directs his "Hell's Kitchen" competitors to create a signature dish... I am still not running down to my kitchen to stuff my face with BBQ chips.

(Not sure why, I just can't stop craving those bad boys!)

Every time I turn on the TV, I don't even bother with the TV Listings on Channel 2. My first stop is Channel 52, the Food Network. 9 times out of 10 there is a show on that I like, no matter what time of day. Jamie Oliver, 'The Wild Gourmet'... those I can do without (seriously, does anyone watch those)...and the 'At home with the Freely's' (is that what it's even called) annoys me so much I immediately change the channel (the wife should be de-barked. Her voice KILLS ME), but there are so many others I would choose over my usual fave's that again, 9 times out of 10 I leave it on the Food Network.

'Hell's Kitchen' has to be one of my favorites. Gordon Ramsay is a douche bag and I can't stop loving him. I get embarrassed for the chefs, but who doesn't like a young punk kid being told to shut the fuck 7 times in a row? Even better 'you're a fucking donkey'? Ah, makes me giggle just thinking about it.

But I shall repeat... I am TIRED AS FUCK TODAY.

You're lucky you even got a blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment