Sunday, August 23, 2009

Party Weekend


Its been a wonderful weekend. With my birthday approaching this coming Tuesday, I had my party on Friday night. I spent most of Friday preparing for the party making tasty snacks, cheese plate, 4 different dips (though I cheated and bought them from whole foods and trader joe's)melon wrapped in prosciutto, a cruidite platter (that i also made myself), shrimp cocktail etc, Of course some how I managed to not eat all day got way too drunk at the party and passed out by 9:30. HOPEFULLY I did not offend anyone. I wore my black Rita dress with some sparkly Miu Miu sandals. My friend Ted took the above photo (early in the night!)

Majorly hungover I slept a lot on Saturday and prepared myself for our friend Jason's 40th birthday dinner at 7 on Saturday night. I managed to pull it together with the help of a fountain soda (coke) and we went out to buy a new TV (ours died), buy Jason a gift and stop for a SINFULLY delicious Voodoo Donut. I decided to don for the first time my Kaori dress with my Marius jacket and Lola lace up clogs. It was a chic outfit, and fit well as I hadn't eaten all day.

I was also super pleased to finally receive my Avignon - Lisa packaged it so nicely it was almost like receiving a present in the mail!

I have to say our friends Nancy + Jason LOVE a cocktail and are super Epicurean, so I was especially blown away by the family style food (5 salads passed at dinner, beef, chorizo and Salmon entrees) the food, the company and the single Margarita that I sipped over two hours were all heavenly. If there is one thing that I have learned, it that you just cannot bounce back like you do in your 20's.

Its now Sunday, and with my birthday looming in two days I am definitely over partying and still overly reflecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment