Friday, August 14, 2009

Waiting Game

So the main reason that I sold my Reiko dress (the gold one) was that I had an opportunity that I could not pass up! I have owned the original Avignon dress several times over. Initially in 2003 in a size 4, then in a size 2 but recently someone contacted me that they had a size 8 and yes they would part with it. They found it at a flea market in Australia and it had a few flaws (something that I am fine with). It was mailed last Friday, so i am hoping it arrives today. I really cannot wait to see it, and get it altered. I am hoping something else that I really want pop's up.

I also have been watching ebay, and have noticed that with the exception of a few pieces, the Mayle market has somewhat dropped but what available for next to nothing is either pieces I have or things that I don't want. Its interesting. I also wonder if SE has received the fall collection (and final one) from Mayle, and what the prices are etc... As there is less and less Mayle available I am finding it hard to replace. I look at things and think - what's special about this? Even Jefferey Montiero's line is a bit too minimalist. Alison's Lewis line is great, and I love the pieces I ordered (and its so limited). am thinking of wearing my Rosalie dress today (it's currently 59 out).

Yesterday I had the day to run errands (go look at the condo again) and had my board meeting at the museum. The weather was crazy - sort of sunny but cold, sometimes hot, sometimes looking like rain. I wore my Asia slip dress in black with my black marius jacket, some glittery Miu Miu shoes from 2006 (summer) and a purple leopard scarf from H&M. A comfortable outfit (though the shoes wrecked my feet - I now remember why I don't walk far distances in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment