Monday, August 31, 2009

The End of Summer Is Too Soon

I can't believe that August is over. The summer flew by and yet again we didn't go on any holiday's (we were so lazy we never even went to the beach or the mountains - each an hour away) just the short jaunt to Seattle which was alot of fun but was way too short.

Yesterday I slept late, and felt miserable most of the day (as did Jon and Max). I only left the house one time to go to Whole Foods and tried to decongest myself with a hot bath (though that didn't really work - neither has the lavender which was a waste of $14). Today was supposed to be around 82, but when Max and I left to water the community garden it was fall chilly out in teh 50's. Of course Max refused to wear a jacket (which led to a fever later in the day). We met up with Tracy and Adelaide and Tracy's step-son Lukas and walked to Airplay where we met up with Fleur and Nathan. We played there for ages, then Tracey and I (kids in tow) went to Sushiland. Tracy's fiance snagged me a copy of LOVE Magazine during his quick jaunt back to NYC for work. I am forever indebted. I have a feeling it will be a LONG time before LOVE makes an appearance in PDX.

Max fell asleep on the walk home, and stayed asleep until nearly 5. He actually at one point said when we got into the house and I put him in his bed, "mommy I don't feel good I just want to sleep." It was adorable and heartbreaking at the same time.

Today's outfit? Black wool Mayle shorts from fall 2005, black gia cami, purple and black stripped kimono sweater from spring 2005 and flat gladiator sandals in a metallic purple python. I used my Billy Douce again as well - it hold everything. I sort of wish I had it in that amazing smoke gray as well.

Its sad but I have been dreaming about mayle at night. I wish I had something else to obsess over.

No comments:

Post a Comment