Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is Cupcake Jones' birthday. They are one of my favorite places in PDX - delicious cupcakes, the staff is nice and I ADORE Lisa + Peter the owners. They were the first people to really talk to Max and I here in Portland and for that I am forever indebted to them. Tonight is their 2nd birthday party, so I will be taking Max over later for some treats and family fun.

Its been a beautiful day, but Max has wanted to spend it inside. Besides some errands, and a trip to playgroup (which was out of control crowded) he has been pretty down today. Anytime we would go somewhere he would say "mommy I want to go home." I am not sure where this is coming from but he has been doing it a lot lately (and acting out). All he wants to do is watch Backyardigans - "watch my show mommy."

I also got sucked into an hour long discussion with my mother which wasn't something I was thrilled about. All she does is complain complain complain. Today she launched into a tirade about how they have gypsies in Portland. Well I have never seen them, and she has never been here so I have no idea where this is coming from. but our conversations are mainly one-sided with me ending up paying attention to Law & Order and trying to block her out. I just don't know how on earth I can possibly be related to this woman. I am still hoping 36 years later that I was adopted or switched at birth and *one day* my real family finds me.

Which leads me to the Micheal Jackson tribute today. I turned it on at 12:15 (over 2 hours into it) in time to see a bunch of people sing "We Are The World" (no one I recognized either), but what really moved me was his daughter Paris, sort of coming up to the mic when Janet was about to speak to say how much she loved and missed her daddy. It made me sad. I teared up a bit. I feel really bad for those kids as right now they really need some love and stability in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment