Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Weekend Update


Its a sunny Sunday in PDX. Its supposed to be about 92 today which without the humidity is pretty nice. I still miss the NYC summer though - the smell of the trash left out, seeing the steam rise from the sidewalk on a hot day, how lush the grass in central park is, wearing something easy and breezy, sipping an iced latte as I wander the city searching for Mayle pieces that I long for.

Yesterday I took Max to the farmers market and I wore my black version of the summer 2006 dress that Kirsten wore to the CFDA's (its got a great rose goldish/bronze piping- very chic) and layered my cherry blossom cardi from 2004 over top. I finished the look with my black flat gladiator sandals.

I LOVE the farmers market. for $20 I bought 6 peaches, raspberries, blueberries, 5 ears of corn, carrots, hazelnuts and two artichoke and cheese tamales (for Jon and I to share for lunch - Max fell asleep). After we met Fleur, JD and Nathan to walk along the river and go to the International beer festival. For those of you wondering, No I do not drink beer. It was too crowded so we headed to Desheuts brewery in my neighborhood, and I had a rose, they drank beer and we had some nibbles. We got home at 3:30 and after a few minutes rest, I changed into my Barcelona Amalfi and a bright yellow cotton cardigan and my black prada sandals (a staple from 2007 resort which I always seem to be wearing in my photos. I posted a photo - and its the way I was standing which is why I look HUGE) and walked down to the art museum for Skinvisible. We were doing a friend raising event and after show party celebrating the tattoo exhibition at the museum.

From 5-7 I sat in the downstairs ballroom, pimping out YP memberships (we got 5 - thanks to Catie our awesome YP intern) and then headed up to the Kridell Ballroom for the show which was AMAZING. Tattooed contortionists, fire eaters, modern dance, short films. 90 minutes flew by.

So now its Sunday and what to do? The mountains are 90 minutes away as is the beach. But I have begged Jon to take us to Burgerville. I am obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment