Saturday, July 18, 2009

85 And Rising

Ah summer is finally here. Yesterday it was nearly 100 degrees with some humidity (my hair frizzed just a tiny bit) . I took Max to story time and then up to Tanner Springs to play. We ended up at the mall in Washington Square to get Bryce a Hello Kitty build a bear for her birthday (we added the "meow" feature for an extra $3 and dressed her in a cute tank top (Max picked it all out). Just as I was getting ready to go to Sephora to buy some of the white pepper + blood orange body butter, the mall evacuated everyone due to a fire. I was sad. I really wanted that body butter. I suppose there is always online or Nordstrom, but I can be so lazy! Its amazing though - in a mall, you are in a bubble - I didn't notice the alarm, the flashing lights, the people exiting, I had body butter on the mind....

Nancy sent me a text and invited me for drinks - so I met her at Teardrop after we had dinner with some of Jon's co-workers up on NW 23rd, knocked back two Singapore Slings, went home and finished the Ballad of West 10th street. Bloody amazing book. You have to read it.

This morning I took Max to the farmers market (berries, corn, hazelnuts), then we went over to Kelly and Ben's for Bryce's party which was so fun. Bryce loved the hello kitty (which Max tried to take off with). I wore my eggplant colored version of the shorter analina dress from summer 06 and paired it with the Rita cardi, it was a good look, until someone spilled a beer on me (and it was too hot to wear the sweater).

Tonight we have a dinner party at Amy's and I am thinking of wearing my Lola dress, its been awhile and I think its the perfect flirty summer dress (even though it was from a holiday collection!)

No comments:

Post a Comment