Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Shocked by Mayle on Ebay

I have been SHOCKED by the prices of some Mayle pieces on Ebay recently. First there is the green silk dress from spring 06 with the white lace - the piece was altered and I could not believe that it went for $400+. OUTRAGEOUS for a dress that has been altered as its now never going to fit someone perfectly as it fits the person who actually altered it. I have a feeling its going to be back up on ebay or even the flickr group in the next week or so. As someone who has to alter things on occasion buying something that has been altered is a total risk - especially for $400+.

Another item I was shocked to see go for $380 was the Beatrice dress (Fall 06) as it was missing the front piece that closes the top.

Then I was surprised by so many other pieces that didn't sell. I sort of wonder is it the 2006 collections in general that are the most coveted at this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment