Monday, July 27, 2009

100 and Rising

Today and tomorrow its 100 degrees here in PDX. Unlike NYC where it tends to get hot early and cool down around 7, it tends to get crazy hot here at 2-3PM and stay that way until 11. I have been perplexed by what to wear. Most of my wardrobe is black and I have few pieces of "casual clothes" which includes 3 pairs of shorts (1 gap- getting shortened, 1 banana and 1 pair of light wool Mayle shorts from fall 2005). With the gap shorts at the tailor ($16 to hem them shorter - seriously I need to learn how to sew, they only cost $20) and the Mayle ones being too warm, I wore the one from banana (from last summer) with my black Gia cami from fall. It just got it back from being altered and it looks great. I threw on my black gladiators (go figure) and took Max to Airplay to meet Thandosie and Mahala. We hung out there for about 90 minutes then Max and I walked home.

Yesterday Jon bought a replacement MacClaren (Max's Bugaboo is WAY to heavy to push in the heat) and walking with him was a DREAM. The MacClaren is going to make my life MUCH easier. If you are reading this and have a child 6 months+ get a Volo. Its a lifesaver.

Max and I hit whole foods, and got some groceries, went home to have lunch and wait for the cleaning lady. Around 4:30 we hit Isobel's to play then went home to make dinner. No Max nap today. I also recieved what will be my last "package from Mayle" - the hardware to the Bianca dress that Jane was nice enough to send over. So I know that I will be visiting my tailor after 10:30 when they open tomorrow.

With time to myself tomorrow I am at a loss for what to do. I am thinking I will go to Cafe Nell for the $5 breakfast around 8:15 and then what? With this heat its almost oppressive to go outside. I may hit the Living Room Theater and finally see the Valentino film.

No comments:

Post a Comment