Thursday, July 30, 2009

107 and Rising

I went out last night, have 2 Singapore Slings and came home too buzzed to write. Yesterday was BRUTAL - at 9AM it was 86 degrees and by 3 it was 103 the night never cooled off, jut gt hotter and ended up clocking in around 107 at 5PM. I stupidly wore my newer Micheala re-edition from Metier with the Lotus print/rio plata mix. It now needs to go to the cleaners.

I went to the farmers market bought some blueberries and veggies, then walked to Nordstrom - they just received 1600 more pieces of luxury designer clothes. I am so broke I wish I could buy something. Prada dresses for $400? Lanvin leopard skirt for $385... if only I had a job. I also wonder who is going to buy these pieces? with unemployment here at 12.7% the store wasn't crowded and I just don't see that merch moving. Maybe it will go down just a tint bit more to 75% then I could see the Lanvin moving into my closet.

Amy met me for lunch at Fenoui and then we walked over for a meeting with George. After I walked up to NW 23 to see if the Missoni was still around and of course it sold like an hour before I got there. A coat sold on a 107 degree day. Go figure.

Sad, I walked to Odessa (Susan received some Jeffery Montiero fall pieces). I loved the red slouch dress. Its $495 - with my birthday coming up I may just tell people to get me an Odessa gift card so I can buy some of his dresses this fall. They were cute. Much better than spring/summer. Susan also has one denim Jeanne bag left - I feel like its on sale for 70% off I cant remember. If you are coveting some Mayle I suggest you buy it.

Nancy and Jake came over for dinner - I am a lousy cook so we had pizza from whole foods and a salad. Then I ran off to meet Tito and Chris to talk about Portland Fashion Week. All I can say is incredibly frustrating. Chris is a real estate agent. Tito in an engineer at Intel who loves "the glamorous life' neither of them get the fashion world - its all about PR for them. I can't even get into it - but I aired my frustrations to them (I mean I am doing this work for them for FREE) and they just couldn't grasp why I was unhappy not getting any credit for bringing them national magazine partnerships which the media here has gone wild about. Its a long story. I just have to pull back more if I see no results soon.

Today is supposed to be nicer. In the 90's. My in-laws are coming for a visit and are arriving in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment