Monday, April 13, 2009

The Weather Outside Is FRIGHTFUL...

Today seemed like it was going to be bright and sunny, and after running a few errands but after hitting Cupcake Jones (Boston Cream for Max, Linzer Torte for me) we got stuck in a hail storm. I ran home the 4 short blocks but we got soaked. Of course 20 minutes later it was sunny, then rained and now its a cross between sun and rain. This weather is crazy! The weather is so telling in so many ways of different things going on like the 12.1% unemployment rate here in Oregon. Apparently there are only 3,000 jobs. Its a bit depressing and I feel like I may never go back to work. My NY unemployment ran out yesterday and I was able to file a new claim based on working for 3+ months last year (August -December). Fingers are crossed that I actually get the maximum amount. It will give me some cushion while I look for work (or freelance work) here in PDX.

In other news....

I finally heard back from Christina yesterday- she told me that I could exchange my dress, however I already got it altered and I honestly don't want to deal with the hassle, I would rather get a discount off another dress. I haven't heard back from her since our exchange, though she did say that a shipment was coming in on Thursday and she would be posting photos. I am not sure how i feel about this 1 - because I have been really good about saving for the sample sale (whenever that may be) and 2- I know that I will spend stupid money (unless the clogs come in - I would totally buy the clogs).

My replacement Chanel bag came today as well which I am super excited about - I also got $125 refund (no tax in Oregon!!!!) that made me happy and the money went into my sample sale savings fund.

I have been super tired and trying to sort out my various ailments (sinuses, gastro, dermatologist etc..). I go back to the ENT tomorrow afternoon and have fingers crossed that the polyps have shrunk. I am also having some odd moles looked at tomorrow morning.

Max is napping (doesn't feel well) I am going to let him rest for an hour so I can eat... more later.





No comments:

Post a Comment