Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My apologies - and some *gasp* middle age positiveness!

It seems like I write an apology post about once a quarter. My friends and foes, with my deepest sorrow I must apologize yet again for my lack of posting as of late. Life gets busy, so shut the fuck up.

Backhanded, I know. But that's how I roll.

This week has been...let's say interesting (for lack of a better word, or even to not incriminate myself?!)...on the home front and personal front. I won't really comment on either much, except to say that my 'new' social circle is keeping me busy. I know some of you remember around this time last year when I started expanding my social circle to include more people (I can be a snob, I KNOW!) , and fortunately those ended up being very dear friends of mine... and helped me realize that SOME of the people I was surrounding myself with were 'bringing me down'.

Now, its one year later... and I have done it again. POSITIVELY.

Overall, I am a happy camper right now. Things are looking up for me. I am headed to the flirty dirty thirties (29 forever, pleeeeeaaaassse)... and while it is inevitable that my birthday cake will no longer have 20-something candles on it - I am less scared than I was before. Sunday I had drinks and played cards with three ladies passed that dreaded number, and I had FUN! I don't want to say they are a different breed per sea... but more like WAY more comfortable in their own skin, way less concerned about social conceptions and judgements, and a zillion times more secure in their bodies. It is almost like 30 is the magic number to maturity.

I better not read this post back because I feel like I might be rambling!

so on wards I go...

wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment