Thursday, April 16, 2009

Morning Clickage..GOOP

I would never normally comment on some celebrity gossip type drama, but I was really surprised this morning when I got my weekly "GOOP" email in my in-box. I am not a fan of Gwyneth at all - I think she is super pretentious, a terrible actress and a snob BUT I can't stop reading these terrible weekly emails that encourage you to "nourish your inner aspect". They are my guilty pleasure.

This week's these was "BE" (they are themed each week EAT, SHOP etc..) and it was all about how to BE a better person and not trash talk someone. What I find interesting is that WITHOUT naming names, GWYNETH the preacher managed to talk bad about Winonna Ryder in a passive aggressive way just through the opening paragraph of her email. See below from GOOP.

"Back in the day, I had a “frenemy” who, as it turned out, was pretty hell-bent on taking me down. This person really did what they could to hurt me. I was deeply upset, I was angry, I was all of those things you feel when you find out that someone you thought you liked was venomous and dangerous. I restrained myself from fighting back. I tried to take the high road. But one day I heard that something unfortunate and humiliating had happened to this person. And my reaction was deep relief and…happiness."

I think its sad. Everyone KNOWS its about Winnona and honestly since Winnona has not been in the spotlight for several years since her unfortunate incident, its automatically going to:
1. Remind people that it IS in deed Winonna Ryder
2. Remind them that not only is she a shoplifter, but crazy person as well

I was never a fan of Gwyneth. I think she tries to hard, is way too opinionated about subjects she knows nothing about and lets not forget, she stole the script for Shakespear in Love right off of "said frenemy's" coffee table (you would be pissed too).

Oh yeah, and all the being "a better person and not being negative" advice comes from Michael Berg of Kabbala fame.

Check it out if you want a giggle at www.goop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment