Saturday, April 25, 2009

And More On The Mayle Sample Sale

Even though I was invited to go early and had to skip going to Friday and meeting Moya, Loretta, Yoon etc...which I was very excited about- there is something mysterious that I really like about my virtual relationships with these fellow Mayle lovers.

I was also feeling a bit of RELIEF when I read about the lines on racked and fashionista. If I had gone Friday I would have missed my flight home with going into the city, the wait and then going back to Brooklyn to get my bags and then finally to newark).

On Thursday I got to friends + family early (at 11 - at started at 12 but didn't open until 12:30). I saw Kama, Kazu, Agnes's and some other people who are friends with Jane in addition to some editors. The anticipation was building as it was 12, 12:10, 12:29. The doors finally opened and I ran and snagged a pair of leopard clogs in an 8. They are awesome. SO happy. I also picked up my leopard metallic jacket from last week. Other things I got include:

Jemeem dress sample in lilac
Zoia top in black + lilac + lilac lace
Shojio dress in the tigretta print in a 6 (though its a bit small for me)
Rasia Coat in black
Ilaria dress in Pansy lace
Seafoam Green Mikinto top (archive - i used to have it in a 2!)
Lurex Reiko re-edition
Mia dress (spring 08)
Kiyoko dress sample (Eden print + grey)
Those adorable madcap print slippers (I have like 3 pairs now) $5!!
Sequined leopard belt (spring 08)
That black dress with the red embroidery
Ninon Cardigan in black + white
Black and gold clogs (which came on Friday and a friend is picking up b/c Wamu put a fraud alert on my card!!)

All in all it was a great sale. I was very much on the fence about buying the Ebba dress as its not that flattering on me. But I was LOVING the new Michaela's with the lotus print and Rio Plata mix (though they were not on sale and I couldn't justify spending $400 even if I like LOVED it when I have two other Michaela's).

There were no Billy's on Thursday or baby billy's - just some Jeanne and carribea bags that sold pretty quickly.

I wish that I could have gone back Friday and Saturday, but I spent about $2300 and I have to say that I finally have closure. Jane seemed really stressed but also looked relieved that it was all finally ending...

what did you guys get???

No comments:

Post a Comment