Saturday, April 11, 2009

10 Things That You Probably Don't Know About Me


People always think that they know each other but there is always *something* that is elusive, that when you learn about it you say wow, how did I not know that? Here are 10 random things that you don't know about me (and not annoying in a Facebook survey type way).

1. My closet is organized by designer by season (and by designer I mean Mayle). That would be for example Spring 05, Fall 05, Holiday 05, and resort 06 etc.. To free up dresser space for sweaters I recently hung up all my tops as well. The closet is now packed (as are the drawers). I fear having to put things in storage boxes again!

2. I love Rose wine. I was just in Whole Foods picking up some flowers and vegetables and saw at least 10 new varietals that I want to try as soon as I am off the sinus meds. There is nothing more lovely than sitting outside in the summer drinking a delicious glass of Rose. Now that I have a deck I cannot wait to get some deck furniture and sip wine and read!!

3. Tulips are my favorite flower and I hate that they get such a short season. Jon used to buy them for me all the time in NYC, but they are really expensive here.

4. Sometimes I can't stop eating something delicious no matter how fattening it is. I always say that I will walk off the calories, but normally am way too full and lazy to motivate off the couch.

5. I used to buy a grande decaf skinny vanilla latte every day at Starbucks in NYC. Since moving to Portland I frequent Starbucks less (even though there is one a few blocks away) and get my java fix at Cafe Umbria, Stumptown or Sips & Krantz (no attitude baristas at the last two).

6. I hate paying to have shoes repaired but have no problem paying to alter a dress.

7. I fantasize about going to Barre 3 on a daily basis once I am back from NYC but know that maybe going 1x a week is more of a reality.

8. I find something really fun and adventurous about going to Costco.

9. I always buy one piece of apparel from the celebrity designer collections (Go International), end up never wearing it, and having to sell it on ebay (though the exception to the rue is the black Alexander McQueen zipper leggings and the item I currently dont want is a NWT Thakoon cardigan size small)

10. I gave up buying gossip magazines last April, but when I freelanced for Soap Opera Digest the girl I filled in for got them all (and I became obsessed all over again). I know its sad to read these but they each have a redeeming quality:

People: Human interest stories
US Weekly: Fashion + Hot spots
OK: Human Interest + Fashion + Parties!

I don't bother with In Touch or Life & Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment