Thursday, April 30, 2009

Great Goop!

I don't even know WHY I continue to subscribe to Goop, as I mentioned last week its just Gwyneth Paltrow being preachy and trying to have her values for how to "nourish the inner aspect" (whatever that means - just sounds pretentious and her sad bid at trying to be Oprah).

This week's theme is kid friendly restaurants! What a great idea! I have a toddler and am ALWAYS looking for new place to go. Well instead of offering up a list of places that are family and wallet friendly, Gwyneth offers up a list that great for every banker and celebrity's wallet. I would say easily $$$-$$$$.

Sweetiepie -Seriously? Hugo's? Landmarc? Centrico? The Wolsley? London's famed River Cafe? Clearly the person who writes and research this have no idea of what is going on in the economy and must not know that yes, you need a reservation to actually get into these places (well unless your Gwyneth). I know "Gwynie" is all about promoting her friends epicurean endevours but how about some useful information for people who make under 7 figures?

For example Sweetiepie: The fact that someone would suggest taking a kid to a restaurant where the average entree is $25 (thats for a salad) and the "biggest ice cream sundae on the plant" (which is $75) is ridiculous. Of course its owned by a top literary agent and his wife and she comes from a family that ate all their meals at the Beverly Hills Hotel as a child.

What about place that are ACTUALLY for kids? There are tons of them in New York, LA and Chicago (Though I haven't been to kid friendly London in awhile).

To start with how about Cowgirl Hall of Fame? They actually have a KIDS menu, a full bar (if your dying for a drink) and yes I have seen celebrities eat there and lunch wont cost more for four people (with drinks) than that "biggest ice cream sundae on the planet."

I am not going to go and list 50 million places where you can drink and take your kid, but I think the list that "Gwynie" had to offer is super lame. Clearly I need to find someone else, perhaps an actual authority? to "nourish my inner aspect."

No comments:

Post a Comment