Thursday, April 9, 2009

Art, Sushi and Co-Chairs

I just got home from my monthly board meeting at PAM (Portland Art Museum). Its a fun group to be involved with and with all my free time, I am trying to get as involved as possible with events, fund raising and more.

Since I was feeling so blah I changed into my Barcelona dress in the Amlafi Flower print, some leggings and my Lola clogs to wear to the meeting. I have to say putting on the dress made my mood a bit better and I volunteered to co-chair a committee for an upcoming event this summer. After the meeting we had our monthly art moment, where a fellow board member shows off a painting in the museum that they love. On the way to the gallery on the 4th floor to see Craig's favorite painting, I saw an amazing Basquiat that I had never seen before that is on permanent loan from Paige Powell (her father owns Powell's books). I definitely am gong to take Max back to the museum tomorrow to view the Rachel Whiteread exhibit before our Young Patron event next week. After, Tito and I went for Sushi to caht about Portland Fashion Week (which I am helping him with) and it was nice to have a fun night out + good conversation.

I am also so excited to get my altered black Michaela dress back tomorrow from the tailor and see what they have done with Avignon. I am hoping Michaela is fabulous and the random run doesn't get me down again.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day... I volunteer at Isobel's from 9:30-11:30 and its supposed to rain, though I am going to remain positive about the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment