Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mixing It Up

Lazy Sunday. Last night I snuggled on the couch and watched one of my favorite films, "The Royal Tenebaums" and drank wine. I slept late today and woke up to a sunny day. After all of the family drama I was happy to just have a peaceful night's sleep (and I slept for nearly 11 uninterrupted hours).

Today I was perplexed by what to wear, but decided it was time to break out an Anna Sui for Target dress that I got back in early October (or was it September?). This one was in the ad's - the lurex, metallic geometric print shift. It comes with a sash but I cut off the belt loops and wore it loose- no sash with black sweater leggings, a black JCrew cardigan and my black Mayle boots from 2004. I figured that if I didn't wear it now, it would languish in my closet - and I am feeling bloated and not so great about myself so it would bring some brightness to an otherwise dull wardrobe day. Its funny as when I was first thinking about getting this dress all I could think about was, is it going to be itchy and will it look cheap and in the end it was neither. I will definitely be bringing this along to Arizona this Christmas.

I also feel pretty great that I powered through several magazine's that have been stacking up on my bedside table. I finished last month's Allure, Vogue just in time to recieve the news ones plus the Dakota Fanning issue of Teen Vogue (I love the styling in that book), the new Us Weekly and People.

Teen Vogue had a great article on Tavi (the 13 year old blogger). There is something that is just so charming about Tavi and the way that she is so excited about fashion - and in not an annoying way like Jane Aldridge of Sea of Shoes. I don't know what it is, maybe jealousy of Jane? That this 16 year old girl is able to buy Chanel, Alaia, Dries shoes on a weekly basis. Not just $500 shoes either, but $1500 shoes, boots etc. AND she is 16. When I was 16 I was lucky to get a shopping spree at Express. Anyway, Jane Keltner at Teen Vogue styles Tavi in some of the Rodarte for Target pieces coming on December 20, and I got super excited. I will be begging Jon to drive me to Target for when it opens that day. I am dying for the lace dress and the leopard dress - AND they are only $39.95. I have a good feeling about this one as I think the Mulleavy sisters who design the line were most likely control freaks about the fabrics.

This and the red striped JM dress are a few things to look forward to this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment