Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day of Sadness and Maybe Some Reckoning

Today started off great - I got a call about a job that I REALLY want to interview for (interview is tomorrow - so I may be cheating and wearing Marion AGAIN but for a short window). I was able to move a coffee meeting that I had and was on my way to meet Tracy at the newly opened Lovejoy Bakers when my mother called with some bad news.

At first I thought that my uncle had died but as it turned out my cousin Micheal was murdered yesterday. I haven't seen Micheal since he was three years old, but apparently he has had a lot of struggles with being bi-polar, drug addiction, anger issues etc. It was strange because I haven't even thought about this person in more than 25+ years (I was 8 when I last saw him). I am sad. Sad that he dies, sad that I couldn't help him and sad that I didn't really know him. But mainly I am sad for my uncle (his father) who has been battling cancer for 20 years. Micheal was his favorite and this is truly going to break his heart.

The day needed to go on - I met up with Tracy and had coffee, went home, worked out my route to the interview tomorrow. Went through my closet, returned library books and then went to meet Amy at Pearl Bakery to go over a proposal for the ball that we are working on, then to see Pirate Radio, which really brightened my afternoon. Its a great movie, a good laugh and I suggest seeing it for the stupendous cast featuring Britain's best comedians.

Today I wore Danya with purple DKNY tights (which I managed to rip in the toe AGAIN) and the JCrew tuxedo cardigan (really my new favorite sweater).

No comments:

Post a Comment