Monday, November 9, 2009

Blame It On The Pain

The past few weeks I have been incredibly stressed. If its not the job hunt, its been bills/debt, looking for Mayle, not being able to afford pieces that I find that I want, doctors appointments etc.

Today I finally gave in and went to the dentist. I haven't had the most positive dentist experiences here in Portland. My first dentist was more interested in selling me Invisaline and a deep clean (I went 3x's before I even MET the dentist). I stopped going because, well who doesn't actually SEE the dentist when you go to the dentist? That and they charged me $100 for some X-rays that were supposed to be covered.

Lately I have been grinding my teeth at night. Stress. I have a wisdom tooth that FINALLY came in on my upper left, and I have been battling a molar on my lower left that has a filling so deep .. well its apparently cracked my tooth. This is what I get for excessive stressful gum chewing.

So today I went to a new dentist. Nice office, older gentleman but the staff are so Stepford Wife that it freaks me out. I wore my black Eniko with the gray Fletcher by Lyell cardigan, my black Odette coat and my black and cream skull scarf from Zara (and some Hue sweater leggings and the JC Haley flats). The receptionist (a woman in her late 50's?) asked me if my scarf was from Halloween. When I said no, it was from Zara, she asked why I liked skulls so much... and the hygienist? She told me not to worry about the dentist, because he is conservative. Yeah delightful. Besides being told that I need a crown ($900, of which 50% is covered by insurance) I was told that I will have to pay for 50% of the $450 upfront, oh yeah and can I come in ASAP to have this done? Needless to say I hate being pushed into ANYTHING. Yes my tooth does hurt now (maybe its psychosomatic?) but this week is crazy for me. FILLED with doctor appointments... its like my outlay of cash is never ending....

And our cable box broke today so I had to rush from the dentist home. The cable guy was here two hours. I am not complaining, I am watching TV right now so I cant complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment