Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 8: Zofia

Sunday! Its my day to sleep late - and I did, until 10:15. Its rainy, the Giants game is on today and it's my turn to take care of Max. Kathryn was kind enough to offer Max and I some tickets to a kids musical that starts at 2, so that's what we are going to do. Today's outfit is my Zofia dress with my new sweater material leggings and the tuxedo cardigan from JCrew (purchased yesterday). I will probably wear my Jeffery Campbell "Haley" studded flats (still trying to wear them in).

I had some thoughts on eBay and things that are listed (ending this week). A few people emailed me bout the Dalmatia Vanya that's listed. I sold my gray one ages ago (and I sort of regret it) but I wasn't wearing it. It's a size 8 - I find Vanya (unless you have a broader back) to be pretty over sized. I bought the Dalmatia one in a 2! Someone asked me if it was possible to alter the size 8 down to a 2 and I think its a bad idea.

1. It would be extremely costly
2. I think that an alteration that's taking something down 3-4 sizes is risky. You have no idea - no matter how brilliant the tailor, how the dress will come out. I have taken things down 1-2 sizes but never that many.
3. The shipping is OUTRAGEOUS. It said that shipping to my neck of the woods from NYC was $24.75. It wasn't next day either, it was 10-12 business days. It would be one thing if it was coming from Australia or even Europe.

and for personal opinion, I was NOT a fan of the pink version. The color to me is that of what happens to whites when washed with red towel. JUST my opinion. I prefer the blue Dalmatia or the gray. just much nicer...though i could see this pink version with some great gray tights or hot pink tights.

No comments:

Post a Comment