Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sunny, Happy Days

Yesterday was another long day. I have been working on planning the Portland Art Museum's YP holiday party - I nearly had a venue locked down nd now yest again everything changes at the last minute. Its beyond frustrating. We went to Voodoo Donuts for a meeting and as it turns out if I want to have alcohol, we will have to essentially use our entire budget. That means no photographer, no DJ... so I have to start all over from scratch.

After the meeting, I met Fleur for lunch - we had Burgerville though I didn't go wild, I just had a hamburger no fries, then went home watched some Law & Order then went to Nancy's to help prep for the first birthday party for clubhouse.

The party went wonderfully, raised some money and Max had a wonderful time. It ws also great to connect with some other mom's that I had not seen in ages.

Of course it started raining, so we raced home, where our babysitter was waiting for us and then we went to go meet Malcolm, Kelly and Dan from SPIN at a bar on SW 2nd. Jon and I had a great time catching up with everyone and then I got the call - the power in our neighborhood went out - so essentially Max and his babysitter were sitting in the dark. It was out for about an hour and then Jon and I made it back home, put Max to bed and I passed out.

This morning I went for my follow up doctor's appointment with my regular doctor - I found out that I have lost 4 pounds, so giving up drinking and sugar has been somewhat helpful. If only I could give up pasta....got a flu shot and will e following up again in November when I hope to be 5 pounds lighter and my sugar levels will be leveled.

Tonight I have an event at the museum, I was hoping Sakura would be here so I could wear it - it would fit so well with the China Design Now theme, but it hasn't arrived and I feel that it may not ever...so I will wear my Babel with the liquid Hue leggings I got at Macy's and my Lola clogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment