Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Retun to Adulthood, Day 2

It's my second day without Max and I miss him, but I sort of feel like he is at tykes and its just one of my two days off. Now everyday is like Sunday (but without Jon + Max). After getting Jon + Max out of the house I went back to work on my resume, and texted Kathryn to see when we would be meeting up for the farmers market and a coffee.

Its always a struggle when you are home and not working. First I watched 90210 (this started at 8:10) this season so far is not as good as last season. I am not sure how I feel about some of the story lines like Annie clearly becoming an alcoholic, her friends all abandoning her etc... next weeks episode is about "sexting" ie: sending sexy pictures via text. Very current but at the same time teens do watch the show so I am not sure its something that they should be reminded of. I was IMing with Moya while watching and we agreed, there was something special about the original show and the story lines surrounding brenda, donna and kelly. After powering through 90210, I watched the new Melrose Place - it was good, but I am not sure it has longevity... only time will tell.

I finally finished my resume during a two episode run of the Golden Girls (the original SATC girls if you ask me), showered and got ready to meet Kathryn and Tilly.

With Max in preschool, I can now wear things that I normally wouldnt have before (and its chilly in the morning, perfect for the cozy light gray wool v-neck cardigan I got from JCrew last year paired with the Zofia dress (which is a bit short), the new diamonte JCrew necklace and some black flats).

Tracy was dying to get out of the house, so I met her, we walked downtown together and then Tracy took Adelaide for a walk while I went for coffee. At one point I found myself at the farmers market, with three friends and four children and none of them were mine and for a minute I felt like a sad single girl cuddling these infants and toddlers.

I walked home with Tracy and started some other writing, before I volunteered at clubhouse.

Its amazing, I have all the time in the world, but I still haven't had time to wash the mud off of Max's McClaren, change the sheets on the bed, start the dishwasher and a million other things.

AND my necklace from JCrew broke. And they don't have it anymore. And I didn't have 5 minutes to stop there to exchange/return...

I know I am whining. Jon calls it "white whine" as they are first world problems. I feel like I cant really look for a job full stop until I have my resume completed. I also need to start looking for a less expensive apartment..with so many deals to be had, I know we can easily save $1000, its just about finding the right place.

Its Weds. No Sheppards Pie tonight, but I am making Tacos. and the new season of America's Next Top Model so I have nothing to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment