Monday, September 28, 2009

First Day of Fall

Today was actually chilly enough outside for a jacket. With it being Yom Kippur, Jon stayed home (though Max went to school) and as he fasted and did nothing, I went about my day as always on a Jewish Holiday, I worked. And by working I mean laundry, grocery shopping to create a break the fast meal, job hunting online and cleaning the house.

After sending emails off all morning, I threw on my Zofia dress from fall 07, some matte smoke gray DKNY tights, a purple cardigan from gap (from summer), my black three strap mary jane heels and vintage faux leopard jacket with Bakelite buttons.

I walked up to Safeway and spent $13 (which at Whole Foods would have been easily $35) on 2 pounds of Asparagus, onion, chicken breast, chicken stock/broth, sour cream, meat marinade and a cucumber.

With Max gone during the day, its much easier to plan out a meal - so tonight we had an asparagus soup (which turned out pretty well - we even have left overs), a baked chicken breast with mesquite marinade, peas and french fries (Max loves them and I forgot to buy potatoes).

My plan for tomorrow is to make a low-fat turkey chili, and at some point this week attempt to make a Shepard's pie, potatoes soup and a stew. I am just so sick of eating something boiled or breaded for dinner. Eventually I would like to learn how to cook fish or do a decent healthy stir-fry.

With the weather in the 50's + 60's this week, I plan on breaking out my favorite Fall 07 pieces like Danya and Marguerite and pick up my Avignon from being shortened and my pink Dalmatia 06 holiday dress from being taken in. It will almost make me forget that it's October on Thursday and there is no Mayle holiday/resort collection to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment