Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rainy Tuesday

Ah, fall in Portland. I woke up to weather in the 40's (which I love) the sky was blue and after I got the boys out the door, had some breakfast then continued my job search. Around 10 it started raining. I was prepared to not leave the house but I had so many errands.... with the weather turning I decided to break out all my fall clothes and wore my Marguerite dress with a violet cardigan, black tights and the three-strap mary janes. Around 12 I went out to trade in some books at Powell's and then stopped at the organic dry cleaner to have my Ignacia dress cleaned (gross I know, but 1st time in 2 years). Not sure if any of you have had the dress cleaned, but my dry cleaner said that they may have to remove all my buttons and sew them back on (extra charge-ug).

I went home had some of the asparagus soup I made yesterday for lunch (totally trying to be cost effective), had a phone interview for a job (fingers crossed). Then took the train out to Lloyd Center to buy Max some jeans pajamas and a winter jacket at old navy and got caught in yet another quick rainstorm while waiting for my return train. I somehow between old navy +gap kids spent $100 on Max and he STILL needs an extra winter jacket, extra rain boots among other stuff for school.

And tonight, I made chili for dinner. It turned out alright, trying to figure out meals for the rest of the week - so if anyone has suggestions or recipes let me know.....

It was pretty much a lonely day with little interaction with other people...I so hope that I don't turn into that person who just talks to people in stores or at the bus stop because I am dying for a little daytime human interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment