Sunday, September 6, 2009

Same Day, New Thoughts

I have been very nostalgic for New York lately. Today reading the NY Times Style section there was an article talking about how great the bars are in the Cooper Square Hotel. The article made me long for going out and socializing... feeling like I had the super close friends here that I had back home.

I know I am waxing poetic about how great this seems, going out to the Cooper Square Hotel bar, putting on some fun dress, drinking an over priced cocktail, having a miserable time hailing a cab home (and having to walk most likely in crap weather) across town but in actuality I would never have gone there. I had my west village haunts - Bar & Books, Dublin, The Other Room where I would drink wine, mint juleps among other tasty libations. I also used to live on 5th between 2nd + 3rd and the idea of that hotel actually makes me quite ill. it was a quite block and I can only imagine how awful it is now for the people who live there. And Its just another sign that I cant deal with getting older. three more years until 40 and once I hit 40.... I also never went out once Max was born. Only occasionally. By the time Jon and I got home from work, spent time with Max, gave him a bath, answered emails it was always nearly 10 PM and we hadn't even eaten dinner....

I think I need a trip in a few months..

oh yeah it never reached 60 today so I froze in my green top from spring 2004, wool shorts from fall 05 and black gap cardigan... what was I thinking????

No comments:

Post a Comment