Thursday, September 24, 2009

Finally, Sakura

Over a month ago I was having lunch with Tracy + Adelaide + Max at Chow. I was eating a delicious salad when my phone rang and a friend told me Sakura was on ebay for a BIN of $150 - did I want it? YES. The dress never arrived to said friend (causing lots of drama for them - I still feel terrible!).

You all know how OBSESSED I am with Sakura. A week or so ago I was contacted by another person. They had a Sakura in an 8, it had a few snags, was missing a button and the belt. Was I interested? YES! After much negotiation, Sakura was mine.

The dress arrived yesterday, and as its still a bit tight across the back (the MAJOR issue with this dress). I am still happy. I am going to a notions shop today to see if I can find a button to replace the missing one (or I may just replace the ones on the sleeves so I have extras) then I am going to reinforce all the buttons, take it to get cleaned and look for a new belt (I think something like my leopard sequined belt would be a great juxtaposition) or if I get it shortened, make a belt out of the scrap material.

I still hope that the other arrives as its mint, and would likely fit better, but for now, its good to know that I have been able to cross another covet off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment