Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday 5.19.09

The weekend is over. yesterday was 80+ and sunny, today is 50's and raining. The weather is as erratic as my mood recently. Yesterday wandering with Fleur I found a great consignment store. Vintage Chanel! Balenciaga! Marc Jacobs! Loeffler Randall all at reasonable prices... after doing some digging in tops I found one piece of Mayle, a Pavel top in Hildie, not my size but the size of one of my awesome followers, so I am going back up today to pick it up. Its $150 (and that's marked down!) Its amazing that after nearly 6 months of searching I finally find something and its not my size or something I have been pining for.

I shouldn't complain though, one of my favorite consignment shops in NYC will ship and they had a pair of netting flats from summer 06 in a 39 unworn (they ran small) and the original version of the black cardigan with the zipper from Fall 08 that I bought and sold and would rather have the original. So I bought those and they should be here shortly....for $20 shipping + handling fee. Probably would have been cheaper to have a friend pick up and ship to me AND pay tax.

I remember last summer having time off during the week and being able to comb Ina, Tokio 7 (tokio joe where I would find Mayle dresses and tops for under $50!) and several other places. It became a game, trying to replace old favorites in new sizes, snag things I missed. But with only one store here having sold mayle and the fact that if your shopping at Odessa and spending that much dough, chances are you aren't going to part with your pieces....

Now I am sad that I have to hunt and sometimes can't gather from places like the closet in Boston who actually have LOTS of things I would buy over the phone if I could - from Chanel shoes + bags to Mayle and 3.1 Philip Lim.....

I lost out on the Paz slip on ebay. I bought it last spring and never wore it. Seeing AMJ Fashions selling it made me nostalgic, same with the Belda trench. The sad thing is I think Mayle pricing is always going to be out of control on ebay because the label is gone and its one that was more Iconic than say Daryl K or Martin etc...everything is precious, hard to get and that makes it even all the more covetable.

Recent things on ebay that I saw that people should snag (they aren't my size or I own them!)

Camilla Cut out top in sky blue sz 4 (I have black and love it) $98

Pink Lace Mayle dress Size 4 (INA is listing it) I used to have this dress in black, its great with a slip for any event. The BIN is a bit unreasonable but its lovely. $195

The black Mayle tuxedo top that's $149 - this was a popular top and sold out in black in the shop (spring 2005) very sexy, cut large also came in the same print as the sakura dress

Mayle printed skirt from 2000/2001 (this was a spring piece its cut very small - i used to have the dress) its very 1920's and starts at $49.99

Saatchi jacket in Paradiso in size 2 (I wanted this and Christina put mine back, it got sold and I am sad) $99

That's all from whats new on Ebay. If any of those interest you, you should bid.
I am hoping the sun comes out so I can wander back to Nob Hill and pick up the Pavel and go to the post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment