Thursday, May 14, 2009

Great Goop! (and a Few Other Things)

I will start with a few other things before I launch into my weekly Goop rant.

Last night's episode of America's Next Top Model shocked. I mean the show is a formula and the winner never actually goes anywhere beyond the Cover Girl contract (and the AWESOME commercials that my dear pal Mrs Starkman produces). The best part of this week was Elyssa's faces whenever the camera would cut to her while the girls were filming their commercials. I am so sad that I didn't get the Seventeen Magazine Special Projects maternity fill-in last year because Elyssa and I would have had the best time in Brazil together. As for the winner, I really thought that Alison would win, BUT again, someone who could actually go somewhere never wins.

The calorie counting is NOT going well. well it was until yesterday but last night I went out with Amy and had a few drinks and seemed to forget that my body's ATM did not need to be overdrawn!!! I am definitely going to eat cleaner today. I already started with a hard boiled egg and some berries, and am going to try to stay under 500 calories for my first three meals.......

I just got my weekly GOOP email (I know I complain EVERY THURSDAY). This week's is all about how to get that party started and I though Gwynie's list was interesting but at the same time I can't fathom her actually thinking "wow i am going to play the DFA remix of this" or "The Jacques Lu Cont remix of that." And its just a mix of super popular songs (Prince, MIA, The Killers, COLDPLAY). That said its a great selection and whomever compiled her list has good taste.


Gwyneth's Picks: (Gwyneth Paltrow is not a music expert but is an avid listener and knows how to get down.)

"You Only Live Once" – The Strokes
"Time to Pretend" – MGMT
"Let's Go Crazy" – Prince & The Revolution
"Paper Planes (DFA Remix)" – M.I.A.
"Someone Great" – LCD Soundsystem
"Strawberry Swing" – Coldplay
"Mr. Brightside (Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke Mix)" – The Killers
"Keep The Car Running" – Arcade Fire
"Single Ladies" – Beyonce
"Wrong Prayer" – Jaydiohead (Jay-Z & Radiohead) http://jaydiohead.com



No comments:

Post a Comment