Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More Fun News About Portland!

I always say, "I'm not one to gossip" and honestly I am not. Well not since our move. Recently I have noticed alot of extra shady people around the places I take Max to play. Of course many of these places are public parks that have bathrooms (not that we use them, we don't).

It turns out that recently a prostitution and drug ring were broken up on SW 4th Ave and Washington street (10 minute walk MAX from our house), however due to not so stringent prostitution and drug laws, everyone was out of jail in a day and now these people have moved to a park behind a charter school on 19th and Glison. Last week I was at the playground at this school and had no idea that
1. the people going into the bathroom were going to smoke crack (apparently its all crack up there)
2. The women whom I assumed were homeless are actually hookers doing lord knows what in those bathrooms.

Meanwhile there I am afraid that Max's stroller or diaper bag is going to get stolen and the activity around me in much worse. Apparently the Fred Meyer (a store just like target) which is a block or two away is hooker central with women turning tricks between 3-5 (apparently prime time) in the parking garage. Its worse and I am not going to get into it further but I just don't understand how this city can let crack dealers on a public school property? Its grades K-12! I shouldn't bitch, I am sure that this all went on in NYC too and I just never noticed it, but seriously in the 15 years I lived in NYC i never had to deal with BS like this.......

No comments:

Post a Comment