Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Beyond Furious

As you guys know, Mayle is incredibly special to me. I don't like to part with it unless its something that just is not working, doesn't fit well or the color is off for me. Cases in point recently would be the Shijo (fit) The Mia (my hubby just didn't love it) and the new Ilaria (wrong color way for me).

Of course to avoid paying enormous eBay fees, I always mention here if I am parting with something and Moya has been great about listing things as well. Mind you I have had MANY SEAMLESS transactions with people from the blogs who have been nothing but WONDERFUL but I am super pissed because someone who has been leading me on for nearly two weeks about payment for the Mia dress has turned out to be an incredibly shady person.

I don't mean to rant here but I just want to warn you guys just not to do business with anyone who isn't in the Flickr group, a friend of someone in teh group or is a frequent commenter because its just not going to go well (unless one of us knows them).

I sold this girl my Shijo dress and she also said that she wanted my Mia. At first all she wanted to do was pay via Western Union but that's always been a sign that the transaction will be shady, I said no and insisted upon paypal. Plu the LAST thing I wanted to do was find a Western Union in Portland, walk there and HOPE that the funds were there. I told this girl if she wanted the dress she would have to open a paypal account (I mean its 2009, if you love ebay how could you NOT have a paypal account). The funds cleared and everything seemed fine. When I asked about the Mia payment she kept putting me off but saying that she still wanted the dress. I understand really wanting something so I told her that I could work with her on it but I don't have the time or energy to be running to the post office and to buy packing materials all the time (plus she lives in Amsterdam so I would have to WAIT on line at the post office, most likely with an unhappy toddler).

I waited over a week (as I hadn't received payment or heard from her) before I asked Moya to post the dress on her blog, then suddenly I was getting emails from her saying how badly she wants the dress blah blah, why was it on Frockstyle blah blah blah. She finally pays with an e-check (which we all know is beyond annoying as it takes a week to clear) At this point I was done with her as I had to disappoint another Mayle lover and not sell them the dress.

The e-check was supposed to clear today or tomorrow. I just checked my paypal account and she cancelled it. No message to me, nothing. I am so annoyed. I think its plain rude. I understand having some financial hardship and possibly needing to cancel, but to not even tell me. I just emailed her to ask why she did this. I wonder if I will even hear back.

No comments:

Post a Comment