Sunday, June 21, 2009

Random Rant

I never talk about celebrities on this blog unless they are wearing Mayle (or to poke fun at Gwyneth's GOOP emails) but i just read an article about Madonna finally adopting that little girl from Malawi and it just broke my heart and enraged me at the same time.

For months I have been reading articles about how much Madonna loves this little girl, how she was desperate to adopt her - doing anything she could to "save" her. Went to court, spent millions. Then I read today that Madonna sent a nanny, a nurse and an assistant to pick her up while she waited for the new addition in London in her palatial townhouse.

You would think that she would go to Malawi herself to be reunited with this child, a child that is essentially being ripped from the only place she has ever known by strangers to go on an airplane (totally scary for a small child) and be taken to a place where no one looks like her, talks like her or understands her. You would think that her new MOTHER would be there to greet her, tell her about the wild journey that she is about to embark on and make her feel safe and loved.

I think its noble of Madonna to adopt this little girl, give her a new life, a chance that so many other kids would not receive, but at the same time its almost like she is treating her like a new handbag. Sending an assistant off to the shops to pick up something and deliver it to her.

Infuriating. I know the kid will have a great life - but I cannot wait to read Mercy + David's tell -all book when they are older.

No comments:

Post a Comment