Thursday, June 25, 2009

Is Mercury In Retrograde????

I seriously cant take it anymore. For the 2nd time in 24 hours I have gotten yet ANOTHER email from someone who bought Mayle from me and its "not working for them." Seriously. This time I at least sold it on Ebay and I was specific about not taking returns. There is nothing that infuriates me more than someone who writes me and says "The dress is beautiful but its too big for me, will you consider a return?" As if I am Meitier or Barneys.

FIRST of all I sold the dress at a LOSS. I didn't want it, wasn't going to wear it and just wanted to get it out of my closet after several months of not wearing it.

Secondly, why on earth wouldn't this person take it to a TAILOR? If you like something, alter it. How many things have I had to alter? Everything mayle that I love and wear has been altered to some extent - from tracking down the afrikana fabric and having the tight sleeves opened on my pelle to having my Zeta top taken in 5 inches on each side. OR why would this person NOT put it BACK on ebay?

The person who bought the birds of paradise loves their pieces, left positive feedback. Now I am just waiting for the person who bought my reiko to email me and say they don't love how it fits and they want a refund too.

I think that the thing that irks me the most is that the reason that I sold these pieces was for money- whether it was to buy a new mayle piece I would wear more, or to pay a doctor bill, many times I have sold my things at a loss, not making money here off my wardrobe. Since I am not working its just become more and more frustrating. I think if i was working full time or if Jon was some wealthy investment banker who gave me a sick allowance I wouldn't really care, I probably wouldn't even be selling any of my Mayle stuff.

Its just annoying that people assume you will just pay them back for something they have decided "simply just doesn't work for them."

I am over it. Not selling anymore of my Mayle - whats on ebay is what I am prepared to part with and that is it. I am beginning to feel like Mercury is in retrograde with my finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment