Friday, February 16, 2007

V-Day re-cap

I was due at the VCEC on Valentines Day at 6:30am. This did not allow for much mushy time. That morning, I woke up at 5:00 am and jumped in the shower. When I went back into the bedroom to change, E was nowhere in sight. I shrugged it off, thinking he was being sweet and making me coffee, and took the next 20 min to find clothes, put on my face, and clip up my hair. When I went downstairs, I was pleasantly surprised. E placed roses in a glass vase with red candy hearts, there was a dish of red and silver Hershey kisses, Valentines cupcakes, and a card. A card that I actually would have picked out. A black and white picture of a young boy and girl under an umbrella, with the words in side "Love is waiting in the rain for the sunshine". I almost cried.

Simple. Yet perfect.

Makes me feel TERRIBLE that I waited till today to purchase HIS gift. But as Trevor says... 50% off.

I was actually contemplating writing a whole post depicting my adventures at the Buildex show at the VCEC, and my superior skills at managing 10 Registration staff, and my utterly SUPERB professionalism and so and and so on... but really that sentence was enough wasn't it?

To be honest, I had a beer at lunch and I am slightly lightheaded, so typing is painful. You will actually get a post with all the details later cause i want to brag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment